We had a great Halloween weekend.
Saturday night we headed to the Gormsen's for some Halloween fun. There are some cute pics of all the kids below (minus Ella, who was sick). We all need a hobby. We've got too many kids!
On Halloween, Nana, Papa and Aunt Gigi came over to trick-or-treat with us.
Peyton LOVED getting the candy- and eating it.
2 cute notes for the weekend.
Landon is kindof talking. I swear he's saying Papa, but it's not for certain yet.
The other cute thing is this... On the way home from the Gormsen's I asked Peyton if she had fun and she said yes. Then I asked her who her best friend is and she said Daddy.
Sunday, October 31, 2010
We had a great Halloween weekend.
Posted by Jessica at 5:55 PM
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Peyton has a way with words AND a mind of her own...
1. "Settle down!" - said to me when I wanted to change her diaper
2. "Wanna go home!!" - said while throwing a temper tantrum IN OUR FAMILY ROOM
3. "Don't want to nap. K, Fine, but blankie, too" - said as she stomped up the stairs for nap time.
4. "Uh oh, you have poopies Mommy?" - said after she saw a coffee stain on the FRONT of my leg.
and I love
"I SORRY (sowwy), WANNA BE A NICE GIRL"- Screamed and yelled during entire 2 minute period of EACH time-out
Posted by Jessica at 7:19 PM
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Peyton, Landon and I went to Didier Farm in Lincolnshire on Friday and Papa and Aunt Gigi came out to meet us.
Landon took in the sights while Peyton had the time of her life!
Peyton took a pony ride,
saw bunnies, pigs, and camels, not to mention a tent full of different lizards and snakes (in cages, or course)
She got to feed goats and sheep, too.
But, the BEST part of the day was when Peyton got to pet a baby tiger!
We went to see two Ligers (yup, just like Napoleon Dynamite- a Lion/Tiger), a Lion, a Black Bear and a Baby Tiger!
I know, maybe it was kindof a strange decision, but Gretch, my mom and I held baby tigers in Cancun one year. They were hyper, but not strong enough to hurt anyone.
We made a donation towards the proper care for the animals and then Papa and Peyton went in to see the baby. This little girl is 8 weeks old. Her 14 month old brother was in another section and he was HUUUUGGGGEEE!
Posted by Jessica at 5:53 PM
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Posted by Jessica at 5:38 PM
Friday, October 15, 2010
Peyton had her 2 year check up and she was a trooper- shots, finger-prick and all.
She is now 22lbs, 4oz- which is only 10% for weight, but the doc told us not to be worried. She's very healthy and it's normal for them to drop in percentage for weight at this age.
Peyton is now 33 inches tall (2 feet, 9 inches) which is about 50th for height. This isn't completely accurate though, because she stood up for the first time to be measured so the nurse says to consider another 1/2 or so based on posture.
Her head is 47.5 cm which is 50th
Our big girl is growing and doing great!
Posted by Jessica at 4:34 PM
Sunday, October 3, 2010
You are such a big girl! We have conversations now. Actual talks- maybe not long ones, but talks none the less.
You love to be outside! We have been taking alot of walks, and you WALK. It is a huge battle to get you into the stroller. We walk all around the neighborhood and look at bugs and flowers. We watch the trains come and go. I hope you won't mind being dressed like an Eskimo once Winter gets here, because I know I won't be able to keep you indoors.
We had a bit of a rough month since we were all sick. You wanted to be near me alot, which, I confess, I LOVED!!
Posted by Jessica at 11:33 AM
Friday, October 1, 2010
I couldn't even write it until now, because it took me that long to find humor in it, but let me tell you about my Wednesday morning.
I think I should just number the wonderful (sarcasm) moments in the order they occured...
1. Peyton, Landon and I have all been really sick this week.
2. Mike was in Atlanta until Thursday evening.
3. Landon woke up at 2am and then 4am.
4. Peyton woke up from Landon's noise at 4am- got her back to sleep for a bit.
5. Landon got up for the day at 5!!!!
6. Landon, Peyton and I all have a fever and it's 6am.
7. Peyton wants eggs for breakfast so of course we have NO eggs- tantrum ensues.
8. After texting 3 neighbors, my amazing neighbor Susie supplies me with 2 eggs.
9. Before I even start to make the eggs one falls and smashes on the floor.
10. Tantrum ensues.
11. As Peyton is eating, she asks for shredded cheese on her eggs and I realize that the smell I am noticing is not eggs, it's Landon's STINKY diaper.
12. Landon has the BIGGEST blowout ever!!!- I had to throw out the pajamas and scrub his bumbo chair.
13. While I am changing him, I turn and notice that Peyton has dumped ALL of the shredded cheese onto the floor. It's EVERYWHERE- which doesn't make her happy. NOOO, she is screaming "Mess, ohhhhh messsss!"
14. I turn back in time to get peed on by Landon. This hasn't happened in months. I have pee in my hair, on my shirt and the wall behind me.
AND IT'S NOT EVEN 7AM YET.
Posted by Jessica at 6:50 PM