Sunday, July 31, 2011

Quotes from a feisty 2 1/2 year old

Peyton's vocabulary is growing daily at this point. This can be seen as a good thing or a bad thing. I will say it's pretty fun to hear her figure out how words relate to each other.

Here are a few special lines from my little diva as of late.
(Please note, L's are pronounced as Ys. So Landon sounds like "Yandon" and R's are sometimes Ws. So Try sounds like "Twy")
"Mommy, you can't have any cake until you eat your dinner"
"Papa, you are too big to go in the pool with me, but you can watch"
"I can be a flower girl if I can eat candy all day, but not today"
"Mommy, I don't want you in my house today"
"I can go to bed in 5 more minutes so I can play some more, but not bed now"
"I will make some grilled cheese with you and it will be delicious" (deyishus)
"Mommy, Daddy has a big butt and you have a big butt. Landon has a small butt, and I have a small butt"
"Daddy, look at your son"
"Mommy, stop touching the buttons and put both hands on the wheel to drive. Be careful"

Singing is now a very big part of her day as well. Peyton sings along to the radio in the car, constantly and will demand that I change a song she doesn't like. A favorite of the moment is Adele "Rolling in the Deep".
What's even better is hearing her make up her own songs. This morning I heard a 5 minute rendition of "gonna go pee pee on the potty, pink shoes on, pink shoes off, let's play outside, no landon, no, you can't come in..." and other random phrases sung to the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle".
My little character.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Love it. Imfoijd myself singing along to the pee and pink shoes song!

Valerie said...

Sorry. Simon helped with that. It should say " I found myself"

Windy City Kelley's said...

I was singing it too!

The Butt comment made me laugh the most though.

Teresa said...

I love when kids talk!